2012: We get married and start exploring our options to make a baby. We decide to move forward with IVF upon return from our honeymoon.
December 26, 2012: First round of IVF resulting in 3 embryos, 5 day fresh transfer of 2 embryos. (Embryo Transfer #1)
January 2013: A miracle happens…Our first pregnancy
March 23, 2013: We lose baby Jaxon at 15 weeks of pregnancy
- Thankful: Making Jaxon
- Every Beating of my Heart
- Subchorionic What? My Birthday Balloons for Jaxon
- Two year anniversary: Missing Jaxon
- With Love
Summer 2013: Second round of IVF resulting in 1 embryo. 5 day fresh transfer of one embryo, does not result in pregnancy. (Embryo transfer #2)
Remainder of 2013: Additional cycle of frozen embryo transfer using our last embryo which did not result in pregnancy. (Embryo transfer #3)
2014: Explore alternatives to IVF. Make a major financial decision to invest in an egg donor.
Spring 2014: Put all of our financial eggs in one basket and put all our hope into an egg donor.
Summer 2014: First embryo transfer from donor egg IVF. Does not result in pregnancy. (Embryo Transfer #4)
October 2014: Cycle with endometrial biopsy, followed by cycle for frozen embryo transfer (1 embryo), results in identical twin pregnancy. (Embryo transfer #5)
November 2014: Just days before Thanksgiving, we are devastated to learn that their heartbeats stopped close to 9 weeks of pregnancy. This was followed by D&C.
- Chance #2/31 – Twins
- When Tragedy Strikes
- Dog by my side
- The Little Things
- The Middle
- Faking It: I need a rock to crawl under
- Faith, Hope and Dreams
- Two Girls
- Mom Makes it Better
- Happy Dog, Happy Me
- Holiday Tradition
2015: Multiple rounds of frozen embryo transfers. None result in pregnancy. Start working with acupuncturist. (Embryo transfer # 6, #7 and #8)
- Chance #3/31 Day 1 (Embryo transfer #6)
- Chance #3/31 Day 2
- Fitness and Infertility
- Break a Stirrup
- Finding my sunshine: Chance #4/31
- Chance #4/31: Mastering the full bladder ultrasound (Embryo transfer #7)
- Are you brave enough to look in my window?
- Little Bunny Foo Foo
- You are not alone
- A Hug for You on Mother’s Day
- The long, long wait
- Miss Conception Coach Fertility Bloggers Conference
- Angel Baby Keepsake
- Cervix Denies Entry but Plan Continues
- I’m Waiting for my Yang
- Strong Enough
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month
- A day for love
- Q&A with 31 chances and Eva’s World
- This is my FET Cycle (Embryo transfer #8)
- Let the Light In
- Giving Tuesday: Resolve to Give Hope
- The day after…
In 2015, I created the Angel Baby Keepsake as a way to help those grieving through pregnancy loss.
January 2016: New approach taken with diet and continue acupuncture in parallel with FET cycle. Spend 6 weeks focusing on diet and lose 15 pounds prior to embryo transfer. Cycle prior to FET, had scratch test procedure (endometrial biopsy).
February to March 2016: Frozen embryo transfer cycle (2 embryos) with acupuncture, results in twin pregnancy. (Embryo transfer #9)
- Happy Valentine’s Day
- One Little White Light
- Be our Rainbow baby, baby
- Walking toward Hopefulness
- A Journey of Love, Heartbeats and Hope
April 2016: Baby A heartbeat stops close to 8 weeks. Baby B heartbeat stops unexpectedly right before 10 weeks. Followed by D&C procedure.
Summer 2016: Searching for answers to my miscarriages. We meet with a recurrent pregnancy loss specialist at Stanford Fertility and Reproductive Health.
Fall 2016: Trying to enjoy my life and the people in it
Winter 2017: FET #10